$400 cash back
Plus, you could be eligible for another $300!*
heat pump water heaters
(also known as electric hybrid water heaters)
Already bought your water heater?
Complete the post-purchase application online or by email/mail
Get started online
Fill out an online application form to apply for your incentive
Why heat pump water heaters?
Energy efficient heat pump water heaters, like models that are ENERGY STAR® certified, save you money, and protect the environment.
use less energy
Compared to a standard electric water heater, heat pump water heater models use up to 70% less electricity.
By upgrading to a heat pump water heater, the average family of four could save hundreds of dollars on their electric bills.
BENEFIT THE ENVIRONMENT
EPA calculates that if heat pump water heaters replaced every standard electric water heater in the U.S., it would prevent approximately 140 billion pounds of annual greenhouse gas emissions.
rebates and tax credits
make sure you qualify
- Previous water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater).
- Existing homes (single family, multifamily, and manufactured) and new construction all qualify
- Heat pump water heater must meet the following minimum efficiency criteria
- > 45 and ≤ 55 gallons: 3.09 or 3.31 Uniform Energy Factor (UEF)
- > 55 and ≤ 75 gallons: 3.33 UEF
- > 75 gallons: 3.42 UEF
- If you are not self-installing, the work must be completed by a Wattsmart Vendor Network contractor. Find a program-qualified contractor in the Find A Vendor tool. Contractors must be on the list at the time of equipment installation.
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Incentive may not exceed project costs.
- Self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only.
- See more information here.
Get started today by claiming your $400 cash back on a new heat pump water heater!