Build for efficiency and earn your rewards
Pacific Power offers builders the opportunity to receive cash incentives for including high-efficiency products and features in new multifamily buildings. Stand out and show your commitment to quality with homes that deliver superior comfort, greater durability and lower energy costs. Buildings with four (4) or more units are considered multifamily.
|Service & Requirements||Customer Incentive|
|Multifamily New Construction||$0.25/kWh saved|
Ensure the building qualifies:
- Four or more attached units is considered multifamily.
- Incentives for multifamily new construction are for buildings where at least 80% of the space serves customers who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18
- Only one new construction incentive will be provided per multifamily building
- Incentives for multifamily new construction may be paid to the customer, builder, or rater and may be split between customer, builder, and/or rater
- Qualifying equipment receiving the new construction incentive are eligible to receive any other Pacific Power incentive
- Multifamily buildings with outside lighting and common areas billed under non-residential rate schedules may be eligible to receive other incentives, but may not receive additional equipment purchase and installation incentives within other Company offered programs
- Incentives for multifamily new construction are capped at 80 percent of project costs. All final costs are subject to Pacific Power review and approval prior to paying an efficiency incentive
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents within 90 days of certificate of occupancy issuance date
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project
- Self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings program January 1, 2022 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change within 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
Step 1 – Multifamily Pre-Qualification:
- Property managers, owners, or trade allies must complete the pre-qualification process; to schedule a pre-qualification appointment, please contact the program at [email protected]. The property will be considered pre-qualified only if the requested property is on a qualifying residential rate schedule, and the requested incentive(s) have not been paid previously at the property.
Step 2 – Multifamily Post-Inspection:
- Upon completion of work, please submit application materials to [email protected] . If the application materials are complete, the program will schedule a port-inspection to ensure all work meets HES requirements. Note that applications for projects that do not complete the preapproval process will not be accepted.
Application is submitted:
- Once the work is completed, the contractor submits one incentive application for the entire multifamily property to the Wattsmart Home Energy Savings program.
- A building performance model that is verified by an independent third party Rater.
- A complete W-9 form for the person or entity receiving the incentive check must be submitted along with the application for tax purposes. For changes to account name, contact Pacific Power Customer Service at 1-888-221-7070.
- In some cases a Third Party Payment Addendum will be required if a landlord account is not set up or if the payment is going to anyone other than the account holder
- Applications cannot be processed if any required documentation is missing.
- The property is then queued for a post-work inspection.
- After receipt of a completed incentive application the program will schedule a post-work inspection to verify all program requirements have been met.
- Tenants should be notified of this post-work inspection beforehand.
Application is processed and check is mailed:
- Checks will be issued for approved applications within six weeks of final processing.
Incentive Application Materials:
- IRS W-9 Forms (for businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, receiving incentives)
- Third Party Payment Addendum
Call 1-855-805-7231 or email us.
Multifamily ductless heat pumps